Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Nike Plus Fuel Band Update

It really was simple to set up! The hardest part was setting aside the time to do it, but once I did, it took less than 10 minutes to go through the motions and maybe another 20 minutes of reading. You indicate your height, weight, which wrist you'll be wearing it on, and your goal daily points. Easy Peasy.

The first day I wore my Nike Fuel Band, I purposely didn't do any exercises. I wanted a baseline of how active or inactive I was. Well, it turns out I don't get out of my seat at work nearly enough! When I set up my Fuel Band, I set it for moderate activity, or 3,000 points. Monday, I used (or burned) 2,178 Nike Fuel points.

I was initially worried my band wasn't registering my activity. It doesn't stay lit up like one would expect. However, when I pressed the little button, I was informed of my points. What was really neat is that the bar above the points balance indicates how close you are - red, then yellow, then green. By the end of the day, my Fuel Band was reading red and yellow, but no green...not today, at least. The light indicator line reminded me of the old game, Light Brite, which made this gift so much more fun.

I love my Nike Fuel Band. The size took a little getting used to, but it didn't bother me at work while typing and it looks like a thick black bracelet. My coworkers don't expect me to be fashion-forward. After all, I've been wearing a black, rubber Timex watch that still registers Mountain Standard Time.

Now it's time to get competitive and beat that daily goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment