Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekend Update

Not as good as the SNL version of Weekend Update, but hey, I'm an amateur!

1. Loving my Nike+Fuel Band. I can't believe how it's really motivated me to get up and move. The best part was Saturday when I reached my daily goal (first time this week). The little alien looking guy jumped up and danced and cheered me on for reaching my points goal. It was an unexpected and very welcomed surprise. I've gotten out of my chair at work more, walked more, danced more (Kinect), and even squeezed in an awesome 3-mile run.

2. Lance's confession. Sadly, I was a huge Lance supporter. I didn't miss a Tour stage - even went to France to see a stage in 2006. Yes, the same year Floyd Landis tested positive. I still think he's quite an athlete, but he cheated. I'm not one of those people on Twitter or Facebook who can so easily condemn, but it was a sad week for cycling. I am, however, looking forward to the always happy Jen Voight, the Schleck brothers, TJ Vangarderen, Bradley Wiggins, Mark Cavendish, and Peter Sagan competing in the 2013 Tour de France. I look forward to the Vuelta, the Giro and the Tour Down Under. Cycling is exciting and will recover from this messy episode.

3. Made my first trip to Costco. Amazing. I bought a gigantic 4-pack of Clorox wipes (necessary purchase) and enjoyed all the food sampling. That place is insane and, seriously, unless you are the Goslings, do you really need THAT LARGE of items?! I can't wait for my next trip!

4. Went to Arhaus Outlet to "look" for a coffee table and a chair. Came home with a library table. Yep, focused shopper I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment